Followers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Punch Art Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the inaugural South Pacific punch art blog hop!!!


We are a bunch of Stampin Up demonstrators from New Zeealand and Australia who love our Stampin Up punches. We have gotten together to showcase a selection of the punches you can purchasae from Stampin Up. We know we will inspire you and encourage you to use those punches in new and beautiful ways. Please leave a comment by Friday 5th November and let us know what you think to go in the draw to win some yummy scrummy punch art blog candy (offer not available to su demos).

Welcome to you if you just joined from Emma Kirton , if you are just starting your journey from me, you are in for a treat.

My featured punch is the new Ornament Extra-Large Punch  (119847) $33.95.

I have used a few different mediums to show you various uses today.

First up is the Magnolia Flower - I watched a video on how to make this, but I'm sorry as I can't recall the person's name or site it was on............. I wanted a fuller flower, so I used 30 punches instead of 20 and the 1 3/4" Circle Extra-Large Punch (119850) $ 33.95 for the base, that's the great thing about making your own - tailor it to your individual needs. ........

Sherri Freese showed us a variation on this - with the 30 punches curled and positioned differently, and a chocolate sitting as a bud - a welcome addition to any special setting. Used here with Jolly Holiday DSP to create a perfect place setting at Christmas.



This is my "Noah's Ark" which I stumbled on whilst having a play with the punch one afternoon ... I was quite pleased with myself that I had actually created something that hadn't already be made (at least, not that I am aware of).
I will put a tutorial on my site so you can make one too, if it's not there yet, emailme and I'll email it too you..... let me know how you go.

Now have I included a couple that incorporate other punches as well.

The Singing Angel was cased from the talented Sherri Freese.
The lovely Angel uses 6 punches to recreate, but she is definately worth the effort.


My Lady Elf Bag Topper is attached to a Bag-A-Lope. She is a combination of a couple of Elf's I have come across on a few different blogs - again, that's what is so wonderful about papercraft and shows how versitle Stampin' Up Punches are and the wonderful creations you can create and share with others to inpsire them to get their creative juices working.


Also, you could use this Santa Elf or Mrs Santa Elf as Bag Toppers or as an Embellishment to place on your Christmas Scrap Page.


For those who regularly vist my Blog, you would recall earlier this month I posted a Lantern Party Card, the Lantern's were created using the off cuts from the above Mrs Santa Elf. So don't throw those off cuts away - they are another creation just waiting for you to create.

I really do hope you have enjoyed my efforts at punch art and feel sure you will get just as much enjoyment viewing  Andrea Buckland's....... who is next on the Blog Hop.

Here's a full list of the Blog's you will be visiting:
  1. Karen Southwell
  2. Carol-Ann Torrie
  3. Sally Wiliams
  4. Julia Leece
  5. Amy
  6. Melissa Davies
  7. Michelle Dyson
  8. Clare Mcilhatton
  9. Lisa Bullock
  10. Pauline Bennetts
  11. Tia Routledge
  12. Emma Kirton
  13. Angie Jones
  14. Andrea Buckland 
  15. Steph Gray
Don't forget, leave a comment to go into the draw for the Bog Hop Candy.

If you'd like to find out more, or order your own punches or other product, contact me today, I'd love to hear from you.

All orders recieved by me from now until the 31st of November, will get one of my Mrs Santa Elf Tags as a special thank you gift.
No matter where you reside in Australia, the flat postage rate is $5.95 or 5% of order total - whichever is greater, and you still qualify for Hostess Bonuses if your order is over $300.00 before postage.

Until next time, Happy Crafting....YCB