Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Extreme Surfboard Birthday Card

Wouldn't you think that having a son, a husband, 3 brothers and 3 brothers in-laws, I would be able to whip up a birthday card for my boss - easy as!!!

Well, you would be wrong.....like a lot of people, I really am challenged when it comes to male cards, and I must also confess, I do not own many male style stamps......I am hoping that the new catalogue has some more appealing male style stamps that I can buy.

I didn't think the Extreme Guitar stamp would be appropriate - it is my boss after all !!!!
So my only other real choice was the Extreme Surfboard stamp - pity I didn't get the motorcycle stamp from the current mini catalogue.

Ok, enough ramblings - I embossed the surfer and the sentiment with Gold Embossing Powder and used Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede and Marina Mist cardstock.


I also did an Altered Notebook for him - I came across this To Do List notebook and as he always has a list going, thought it very appropriate.
The cover is a frosted style plastic, so I left that and thought the inside cover was great enough to just alter it a little bit. I was amazed at how close the cover is to Cherry Cobbler - it's even closer that the picture shows. Added a bit of Daffodil Delight as well to brighten it with his initials.


I love how the card and the notebook have turned out.
I think I have Fathers Day presents sorted out now and with little effort.
You have to love that.!!!!

Thanks for looking,

Until next time, Happy Crafting....YCB