Friday, October 28, 2011

LNS Challenge 144: Thanksgiving

Late Night Stampers Challenge this week is Thanksgiving - one tree or leave on it.

Now in Australia, we don't do Thanksgiving - at least no-one I know does or has........so I decided now was a great time to try out the satin ribbon flowers and to add a few leaves to make it good for this weeks challenge.


  • Stamp Set: Oval All
  • Ink: Early Espresso
  • Papers: Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie
  • Dies: Tasteful Trim
  • Punches: Lace Ribbon Border, Blossom Petals Builder, Large Oval, Scallop Oval, 1" Circle, 3/4" Circle
  • Others: 5/8" Satin Ribbon Pumpkin Pie (retired), Heat Gun, Mini Glue Dots, Brights and Neutrals Designer Buttons

I think I have managed to get a bit of everything on this card - love the colours and the flowers are so unique that each one will be different. I must confess I used the retired ribbon as it was my first time and I figured if I buggered it, I could toss it without feeling guilty....hehehe, love how it looks though so now I will try with some new ones.....

I would love to give someone credit for the flowers, but I must admit I think I took the advice off 3 different blogs on how to do them and combined it all ...... I do know one was the very talent Sharon Field, who I have cased before ( remember the gorgeous Wedding Dress posts....) and I'm sorry but I can't remember the others, but I am sure you would have seen them before as they are just Divine and so much classier than paper ones. Oops, am I allowed to say that....hehehe, well they are aren't they !!!

Thanks for looking,

Until next time, Happy Crafting....YCB