Followers

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Welcome to my new Team Member Dezza

To welcome Dezza to my team, I altered this gift bag with some hand picked gifts (SU product of course) to start her on her way.


 Close up of the Elegant Bird


The bird is cut from a piece of Flashing and I think with the Brushed Gold Heart framelit, makes it very elegant looking indeed.

I had a great afternoon showing Dezza and her friends some great things to make with the Big Shot that Dezza chose as part of her Starter Kit. We focused on party ideas and here the samples I made for her.

I played with the Brown Paper that comes with our orders and made a Party Favor Bag (inspired by bags made by Marlene Goulder) - retired pleated ribbon as the handle. Then using one sheet of A4 cardstock and the Scoring Tool, I made another Party Favor Bag and stamped the sentiment with the new Illuminate Ink Pad.


Close up of the Illuminate Ink


It's like using the versamark for a watermark with a bit of shimmer to it.
It does look better IRL, and also on darker cardstock.

Well, after 3 hours we had made our way through various Bigz Dies, XL Dies, Framelits, Embossing Folders and even a couple of stamps sets using ink pads and markers.

I can tell you that the girls now know how to use the Big Shot and create very effective images with the markers. A great afternoon and now the girls are just deciding on what to get first!!!!

Remember, as always, if you would like to know more about the project, just ask!

Thanks for looking,

Until next time, Happy Crafting....YCB