Followers

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

MDS - Memory Keeper DVD

Laura had a Slumber Party to go to for her BFF's Birthday - we got her a gorgeous Owl necklace and needed to come up with some special packaging for it.

As I was in the middle of cleaning / clearing my craft room I came across a couple of Stampin' Up! DVD cases - love these for storage. So  I decided to have a go with my MDS software and create a special gift for her.

Here is the insert printed on a standard A4 Whisper White Cardstock before I cut it to fit.


And here it is inserted in the DVD case.


Love it!
I have used the Epic Day This and That papers, Creative Elements stamps and Daring Adventure stamps to create it. The font used on front and back is actually a Pokemon font given the girls are still into Pokemon.
Happy to report that Laura loved it, as did the birthday girl! and that made for a happy Mum!

Now I could have made this the traditional way by cutting into my new pack of DSP that I got with my This and That Journal Bundle, and I have both the stamp sets I used, but I thought I would see how I go with a digital version.
You could also make this as a Hybird version and stamp the flower and butterfly on cardstock as well and cut out and stick on the top for a 3d effect - that would look great too. So many ways for you to use MDS!

Now to stock up on my DVD cases as I have a feeling I may be making some more for Year 7 Graduation in a few months.

Remember, as always, if you would like to know more about the project, just ask!

Thanks for looking,

Until next time, Happy Crafting....YCB