Monday, October 6, 2014

Creative Blog Hop - Making Spirits Bright

I've been invited to participate in The Creative Blog Hop by fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Lesley Jendra. Lesley is a very talented papercrafter whom I first met when we attended our Annual Convention in Melbourne a few years back. While we have different Uplines, we are still part of the same greater team, LOL, almost like step sisters really when you think about it!

The Creative Blog Hop asks us to answer 4 questions about ourselves and is a way of introducing you to somebody else and learning a bit more about each of us.

1. What am I working on now?
Just now I am working on my Christmas Cards and gifts for family and work colleagues. It's pretty scary how close it is already!

2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?
I'm still trying to define my style, a work in continuous progress I say. I love all paper crafting and regularly recycle items by decorating them using paper and vinyl. I got a Electronic Cutter for my birthday last year and now love working with vinyl as well.

3. Why do I create what I do?
This is a very easy answer for me - I love to just sit in my craft room and create, it is my form of de-stressing from the day's trials. It's my happy place! I love the gift of giving just for giving, and helping brighten someone's day. That old saying about not knowing what journey the other person in front of you is going through is so true. And of course, it never hurts when you are told that your work is beautiful and thoughtful!

4. How does my creative process work?
I follow a lot of blogs and pinterest pins, so always have an idea of what others have done with something before me. I then look at what I have and colours and then go from there.
Quite often I end up with something that got changed half way through making it. I know you know what I'm taking about. Sometimes things just look better in your head right!
I actually find that if I don't think about it too much, you know, when you know you had to make a card 4 weeks ago and find yourself doing it the night before!, that I can be at my most creative and often surprise myself . This is when the end project is only a slight glimpse of what I had in my head when I started but way much better than I had hoped.

 Now I have the pleasure of introducing you to two other fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.

Both these ladies have great style and enthusiasm for their craft and are always positive and helpful.
I am glad to have had the opportunity to "meet" them online.


First up is the talented Angie Anny from angiespapercloset who I meet through the Late Night Stampers group.

Aloha I'm Angie Anny.
I am a WAHM on the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii.
I have been paper crafting for only 6 years now but, have always loved anything to do with creativity. It all started when my sister had won a drawing for a epic six die cutting machine and gifted it to me. From there stemmed this whole world of creating. Now, I can not imagine my world without crafting.
I first became an independent Stampin' Up! in 2012. I love being a part of Stampin' Up!.
I really enjoy sharing my creations with everyone. I love inspiring others as well as being inspired by others!!!

Secondly is  Ronnie Simpson from Scrap and Stamp with Ronnie another SU Demonstrator who is from my greater team.

I’m Ronnie Simpson and I am a craft-a-holic. I have always been into crafts, and was happy to stumble upon this new craze in my early 20s called “Scrapbooking”.  I have never looked back. I remember shopping at the one card making store that stocked scrapbooking supplies (online shopping was unheard of back then) and spending most of my pay there every fortnight. I was happily introduced to Stampin’ Up!  when it arrived in Australia, but never had the time to join. It was 2 years ago when my life had room to expand my hobby and I jumped on board with SU. I have always loved attending card and scrapbooking classes and events, and wanted to share my love of paper craft with others. I love running my classes and crop days and have just recently ventured into making process videos on You Tube.

Make sure you visit these two ladies blogs next Monday as I'm sure they will have some interesting things to share with you all.

Before I go, I wanted to show you a card I made for one of my downlines who lives in another state. 
I wanted to have her feel that she is still very much a part of my team even if we can't converse in the same room.

This is a cute 6x3 card (yes, I've been making a few of them lately) and has items from the current Occasions Catalogue. I made this with my pre-order items and added a couple more new item samples for her to enjoy. Nothing like getting a surprise package in the mail is there.


I have to tell you that this new ribbon is just divine!!!!! Seriously, I was sooooo not going to put it on this card because that meant I had to actually cut it off the roll! Phew, lucky I bought a second roll.
You will also notice if you follow my blog regularly, that I have used the same coloured stamp from the Making Spirits Bright set. I just love this stamp and using my Blendabilities to colour it. 
Really, I must have a go at the other stamps in the set and because there is more than just this one!

Thanks for looking,

Until next time, Happy Crafting....YCB