Followers

Monday, August 24, 2015

Mary's Friendship tag

Here's a mixed media tag I created for Mary who is one of the other talented Design Team Member's over at Soul Scrappers. I was a bit nervous as she does mixed media very well and I am a beginner with mixed media.


I love how it turned out - basically it's a cut down Julie Nutting Watercolor Paper tag (had to make it a specific size) painted with leftover black gesso (was working on another project).
I then used Tim Holtz Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint over a stencil.
I heat embossed my Poppy image from the Wild & Free set made by Donna Downey Studio's with SU's Black Emboss powder and used some cheap Air Brush Paints I came across - how awesome does it look! Oh and the JOY wording is a leftover vinyl cut I had from an order I had finished,

Goes to show what you can create using a few leftovers and what is in your stash!

I will keep my eye out for more of the Gold Airbrush pain - it is such a great colour and has a fabulous shine.

Thanks for looking,

Until next time, Happy Crafting....YCB